AGM

Derwent AC - NLHM 22
AGM 5th Feb 2022

Minutes from the meeting to follow soon. 

 

 

Derwent Athletic Club AGM

5th February 2022

Dean Village Hall and on Zoom 

10:30 - Dean 10k Handicap (reverse route)

12:30 - Derwent Athletic Club AGM

Derwent AC AGM Minutes – 5th February 2022

Present

Emma Walker, Philip Cueto, Andy Adams,Tony Davis, Kevin Ropinson, Tom Dunlop, Kim Summers, Debbie Hallsworth, Angie Cooley, Liz Watson, Joanne Humpreys,  Lisa Jackson, Rodney Lewis, Richard Jack Tasmin Cass, Elizabeth Adams, Paul Christmas, Chris Mathieson, Mike Anderson, Steve Hackley

Zoom

Becca Dunlop, Isabel Mancebo, Ben Acton, Mel Gould

Apologies

Ian Renouf, Tom Gallager,Nick Lancaster Dan Slome, Roger Bye, Anna Blackburn

 

Chair

Andy Adams, Phil Cueto

1.Meeting opened

Andy Adams opened the Meeting

2.Minutes of last AGM

Minutes of the last meeting were accepted.

3.Treasurers Report

Nick Lancaster send this to Phil Cueto who went through the details. Report to be added to the minute’s book.

4.Membership fees

UKA Club affiliation fee has increased. First and second claim fees to remain at £25 and £15

 

5.Election / Re-election of Club Officials

Proposed the following positions

Chair

Treasurer

Secretary

Race Co-ordinator

Mens/Ladies Captain

Club Coach

 

Nick Lancaster to remain as Treasurer

Lisa Jackson to remain as Ladies Captain

Tom Dunlop elected as Men’s Captain

Debbie Hallsworth elected as Race Co-ordinator

Tony Davis elected as secretary

Kevin Robinson elected as Chairman

6.2022 Races

Mark Likeman (Timing Up North) was proposed to manage the clubs four races. He will charge cost for numbers and chips and £2 per entry. The Club will need to organise race admin. Including Licences, adjudicators etc.

 

Race Volunteers

Liz Watson/Chris Mathieson

Ian Renouf

Rodney Lewis

Kim Summers/Angie Cooley

 

Isel Cross                    16th April

Hay-O Trail                24th May

Lambfoot Loop           5th July

Better Leisure 10        11th September

(Following the closure of the Brewery)

 

Mark has suggested the entry fees are too cheap.

 

2022 fees

Better Leisure:            Affiliated        £13

                                    Unaffiliated    £15

All other races:           Affiliated        £10

                                    Unaffiliated    £12

 

Race organisers to organise individual race sponsors.

 

Club Handicap races to remain as winter – Dean 10K and summer – Lords seat

7.London Marathon Place

Alan Homer is running this year.

Emma to go through registration process for 2023 with Tony.

 It was agreed that the club ballot for places was to be based on one full years membership and marathon ballot rejection.

8.Social Events

There was a discussion around various relay events that could be attended as a club or the club to organiseit’s own relay. Club captains to propose events.

9.AOB

Club Anniversary

DAC is 50 years old next year. Club to put forward event ideals. Mark Likeman said he would take this on as an annual event.

 

Social Media

Brett Malloy to take over the accounts for the club

 

Inter Club Championships

DH Runners have been in touch. Club to look at this again.

 

Coach Training

Chris Mathieson and Kevin Robinson volunteered to do the LIRF course.

Alan Homer (not present) may also be interested.

Isabel to complete her course next month.

 

Spond

A reminder was given to use spond to log training attendance. This assist with planning for coaches

 

Club Storage

Currently club equipment is stored in Anna’s barn, Club to source a shipping container and pay ground rent at Graysonside, Lorton Road. Access to be agreed via Mark Likeman.

 

Off Road Running

Proposed more off road running in the training schedule. To include more difficult fells as well as trails.

Coaching for off road beginners. External coaches paid for by club.

Chris Mathieson happy to run navigation sessions.

 

Meeting Closed